Sunday, February 17, 2019

And Sew She Goes

I love being in the sewing studio on a sunny day. The room is bright. In the winter, that's a special treat. So when I got up yesterday morning, I didn't even get dressed.

I just went into the studio, started sewing pairs, cutting blocks and throwing some pieces up on the design wall to see what things might look like.


It's important to note I need 80 big triangle blocks to make the quilt the same size as the original, and that each set of strips will give me either 3 or 4 of those.

 
I have about a dozen more pairs to make into blocks, and those aren't on the design wall yet, so a lot will change.


Yesterday afternoon my Dad and I went to see the movie Green Book, which we really enjoyed. When I got home I sewed the rest of my strips into pairs and ironed them. Tomorrow I'll make them into blocks and after that I can really start playing with the colors and work out a design.

Of course, that doesn't mean everything goes perfectly. I sewed the light strip on the wrong way. (Naturally I fixed it.)





3 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

A parade of undesirables :) It's looking fabulous....kind of like Zebras on "special" mushrooms ;-)

Millie said...

OMG!! I think you just named the quilt. “A Parade of Zebras”. 😊

Jackie said...

I'm loving these tops.