Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Stress Relief


When you've had a week like I had last week, you need to take care of yourself, so when my friend Mary invited me up to Wolfeboro NH to visit on Saturday I didn't need much convincing. I got up, showered, got dressed and had breakfast, packed a few quilts (OK, six quilts and two tops) set my GPS and was on my way. When I left it was cool and overcast, but once I got into the Lakes Region the clouds parted, the sun came out and the temperatures went up. It was an absolutely perfect day.

Mary and I had a great day talking about quilts, family angst and any other thing had happened to crop up. After we were done looking at quilts, we gathered stuff for a lunch and she brought me to her town's private beach (above.)


This was our view as we sat at the picnic table and ate lunch and talked and talked and talked. I had really needed to "get out of Dodge" and spending the afternoon looking out on this calm scene really helped.

The biggest hurt from last week is gone, but the effects will linger on. (It happened in my house and now, sadly, a once-loved piece of artwork has a very negative connotation.) Thank you all for your positive words and kind thoughts. I love Carols' description of the Crazy Train and will do my best to remember not to supply any water or coal. I love Riann's idea of the Fix Up Crazy Kin project. I'll surely keep it in mind.

Thanks all, and I am going to remember the image of the placid lake and mountains if the Crazy Train visits again.

7 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Oh that looks like a wonderful place to relax and unwind. So glad that you got to enjoy that beautiful beach and lots of sun.

Wilma said...

Beautiful place to visit. Enjoy it.

stitchinpenny said...

This is a much better plan!

Ann said...

A beautiful day for lunch at the town beach. So peaceful. Just what we all need.

swooze said...

I completely understand. I have a necklace someone gave to me and it symbolized so much. But then that person did something that really broke my heart and that necklace has a heart on it which is now broken to me in a way. It’s been many years and I hope I can see past that wrong enough to wear the necklace again

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely and peaceful, enjoy.
To get to the Fix Up Krazy Kin quilt, I need to learn how to do your letters and words, have you done a tutorial on them? Could not find one but seem to remember you doing at least one post on your free pieced letters and words, in the Chicken Quilt I think. A swear word quilt is in my future I think!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Belated response - I've always loved sitting by the water's edge. So calming and peaceful - and even better when there is someone to share the conversation. SO glad you had this day away.