Wednesday, September 5, 2018

One, Two, Three...

I finished sewing the binding on the last Slashed Squares quilt while watching the tennis yesterday. Then I gathered all three quilts and took them outside to take pictures.

This is the still as yet unnamed Slashed Squares tutorial quilt.

This is the pink Slashed Squares quilt, which I have named Pink Quartz.

This is the Slashed Squares quilt I made from mini blocks, called Jigsaw Puzzle. It's a scrappy quilt, and I was surprised at how much I liked it.

All three quilts are 56" x 56".

If you want to make a Slashed Squares Quilt, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.  I've updated the tutorial to include photographs of the Jigsaw Puzzle and Pink Quartz quilts. If you purchased the tutorial in the past, you can log back into your Etsy account and download the new version at no charge.



Scarlett, You can find details about my binding here. I cut the strips 3" wide, but it's how I sew it to my quilts that helps set me up for success. You can read more about that here.

4 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Three wonderful versions of the 'slashed squares' quilt! Love love the scrappy one the best!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Jigsaw Puzzle is my favorite, too. And it on my short(ish) list for next year.

Ann said...

All three are great but I like the scrappy one best, too. Congratulations on so many finishes.

scarlett said...

Just read your binding tutorial. Very nice, thank you.

Okay, now I have another question. How do you do your corners of binding to reduce bulk?

Now I have a suggestion. I was talking to my chiropractor about my arthritic fingers and he said to quit eating white flour and white sugar. He said the bleach in these items enflames the joints.