Friday, May 21, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Spring 2010


"The Rules" Quilt for Helen

This quilt was made for my friend Helen. We became friends as Swap Mamas of the Doll Quilt Swap and decided to do a private swap. Helen lives in Australia, and I am over ten thousand miles away in the northeastern USA.

Helen had said she liked my wonky letters, so I chose this quote from Katharine Hepburn. The letters are based on Tonya's free-pieced alphabet. Helen asked for red and orange and yellow, so I went through my stash and had a lot of fun. If you look closely at the dot of the exclamation point, you can see Helen herself!
The letters are about 4" tall. The entire quilt is about 30" x 33". Helen loves her quilt!

You can see more about making this quilt here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

See more quilts at Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2010 here!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

I Love it! The colours are gorgeous and the quilting is stunning! It really makes the letters POP! :)

Helen said...

This quilt is even better in real life! I am so lucky to look at it every day!!! Thanks Lynne.

Marit said...

I can hear you! And I totally agree ; )

Lovely quilt, so colorful and meaningful. Great gift!!!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

It's really fun to see a quilt that makes you laugh out loud! Very cheery and fun!

Susan R said...

WOW!! I've been standing in the back of your work room (even though you keep moving furniture) watching as this work of art (no, I mean "Work of Lynne") evolved before my eyes. Your creative process is something to behold; I am totally in awe of how beautifully this quilt turned out!!

Wonderful job Lynne. You are a master of your craft.

Susan

Dolly said...

That is fun !
It sounds like the best friends are made in the swaps.......I need to try one !

Carol said...

What a fun looking quilt.
Katharine Hepburn came up with some wonderful useable quotes :)

Dawn N. said...

wow, what a fun quilt!! Great job!!

Laurel H. said...

Cute!!!

Allie said...

I can see why she loves her quilt - this is amazing! LOVE it!

Leslie said...

this is so fun....looks like a lot of hard work

Quilter In Paradise said...

love the quilt - and AMEN to the saying!
I gotta try some of those letters!
thanks for sharing
Beth in Dallas

Karen said...

Fantastic quilt!!! Love the saying and your free form letters.

Angie Padilla said...

This is such a cute quilt! Love the colors, love the fabrics, love the quote! Good job!

mary said...

I love this quilt! It makes me smile.

Lynn said...

Love it, live by it! This is just too fun!

Colleen said...

Awesome quilt and I love the quote!
Great work.

Deborah said...

Great quilt! I love it!

Claudia said...

A quilt with a sense of humor! This is great! Love the sentiment.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. What a great quilt.

Kelli said...

so cute and so so true!!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love it!!

QuiltSue said...

I love it, it is a really fun quilt.

MaggieB said...

What a FUN quilt! I bet I would like YOU too!
~MaggieB

Randi said...

Words to live by! Love it!

Eileen said...

cool quilt--fun, fun, fun!! thanks for sharing

Sandra said...

Love this quilt-especially the exclamation point. Thanks for sharing it.
Come see my antique quilt entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com
(1890 cheddar orange star and repro)

Cheryl Arkison said...

Awesome! Love the quilting.