Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Line Up The Rules

Once I had sewn the letters for the Rules into blocks, and sewed the blocks into rows, I had to decide how to line up the rows. I had designed the quilt with the rows "left-justified", but they looked pretty good centered, too.
In the end I decided I liked the letters lined up to the left, and the word FUN off to the side, breaking yet more rules. But then I wasn't sure if I liked all that empty space up there in the upper right hand corner. Should I add a butterfly?In the end, I decided not to. I had planned for a tight quilt, with little space around the letters in the finished quilt, so I left it out. Next up, I had to figure out how to quilt it.

1 comment:

Helen said...

*sigh* I am loving Lynne seeing how my quilt came together. I like it left justified best, glad you went that one.