I finished up making the blocks and then sliced a couple and sewed them together, threw them up on the design wall and took this picture. Then I sent it to my son and DIL.
DIL: OMG that's going to be a really cool quilt!
DS: Hang it in a museum!
So I text back that I think, YES! It's going to be a hell of a quilt, and I had to ask if they really wanted me to tie it instead of having it quilted.
My DIL texts that she thinks it ought to be quilted, but that my DGD really wants a thin quilt like the green one I made for them.
So we go back and forth, and we talk to my DGD. She wants a thin quilt. I'm happy to make her one.
But it won't be this quilt.

5 comments:
Oh boy, what a fun ride this adventure into b/w/r this is turning out to be!
Quilt this one and make another thin one . . . makes all parties happy AND it uses more stash (win-win).
Two quilts? A kaleidoscope !!!
If you use Thermore quilt batting, it is very thin. A friend of mine whose grandchildren live in Hawaii get quilts made with it so they are not hot. It quilts up wonderfully- I used it once. I don't like tying because the ties (cotton) dry rots and also make holes in the quilt from the pressure point. Many have asked me to fix theirs and I politefully decline. My mother in law made crazy quilts with crochet cotton and the stitches have all deteriorated but I do restitch them because I loved her so much and she was gone too soon.
This IS going to be cool. I always say if you don’t like the looks of a quilt block just put it on point and it changes for the better.
Post a Comment