Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sliced and Paired

 

Slicing the blocks in half diagonally and then matching pairs together and sewing was fun. It went faster than I had expected.

Now that the quilt will be a bit smaller, it will only need 50 or so blocks. I have them all sewn, but haven't really tinkered with the design yet. The half square spaces on the bottom and left will be black, and the ones on the top and at right will be white.

My DGD is very happy and excited with this. I am also thinking about what to do for her "thin" quilt. I shall make it the way my grandmother made ours all those years ago - tied with crochet cotton. All the knots are still intact. I have one that is almost 50 years old and it has held up rather well. We used them daily and they were washed regularly.

My DIL teased that her daughter's room would have the highest concentration of Lynne Tyler quilts anywhere.


"Not hardly!" I texted back. "You can't compete with this!" It's my quilt closet, and this isn't even all of them.


No comments: