Sunday, October 27, 2024

How I'm Doing

 I have been fortunate enough to have access to a couple of space heaters, which have certainly helped over the last few days. The weather has helped too. It has been sunny and in the 60's over the last few days.

Still though, I decided to make use of the things I already had in my house. Like my oven. After the technician left on Friday, I reviewed my menu for the week and made some changes.

I decided to make the most use of my oven whenever I could. I would prepare each meal in the oven instead of on the stovetop. One morning I made myself a soufflé. Another I made muffins. One lunch I made a flatbread pizza. One dinner was a sheet pan dinner of sausage, Brussels sprouts and gnocchi. On the coldest day, Sunday, I put a pork stew in the oven to cook. These things helped bump up the temperature inside my house and meant I didn't need the space heaters.

It's very strange how this no-heat thing has affected my daily life. I can't wait for it to get back to "normal."

The new furnace will be installed sometime on Monday. I don't know precisely when.

Of course I have been sewing. The studio has its own separate heating system, so I've been very cozy there. This is a panel for the third Nightingale quilt. I cut a lot of black strips, so now I am using them up.

This is fifteen panels that when rearranged, will form the third Nightingale quilt.

Remember, this is not a quilt about patchwork first. This is about seeing a mass of color and pattern. 

No comments: