Saturday, October 12, 2024

Backing for Nightingale Quilt

 

This is the Philip Jacobs print I have chosen for the back of the Nightingale Quilt.

And this is the binding I have prepared for the quilt when it comes back from being quilted.

This is another shot of the Nightingale quilt, this time in full sun. I love bright colors, and these brights on black just pop and sing! It creates such a beautiful design. You see the colors first, then you realize this is patchwork. 

It is almost embarrassingly easy to make, and it works with any fabrics with a black background. I have a couple of testers making them now and I am eager to see how they turn out. Each one will be unique, deepening on your own style, which I think makes the best quilts. 

What has been so exciting for me is that everyone I have shown this quilt to just freaks out. "OMIGOD that's GORGEOUS" has been the consistent response, which is very encouraging.

You can get the tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.



No comments: