Friday, September 6, 2024

Joyful!

 

I added this sparkly fun fabric as a border to the colorful cobblestones quilt, which I have named "Joyful."

The fabric has glittery silver stars, which makes it a bit too cutesy for me, but I didn't read the description carefully enough, but it's perfectly fine.

This is the fabric I'll use for the backing for the JOYFUL quilt.

In non-quilty news, I cleaned out the shed. It had been sadly neglected over the years. I went in there wearing a mask, googles and gloves, and cleaned, tossed, organized, and swept the place clean. There were some openings and it was clear it had been a winter home for mice. I filled in the holes and literally swept every inch. There were tools in there I had never seen. Yes, there are two weed whackers and two hedge trimmers. There were four leaf rakes, three digging shovels and four garden hoses. I have sorted the good stuff and the stuff that has to go away (four bottles of weed killer, three containers of plant food, etc.)

I feel pretty damn good about it.

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

what a good feeling it is to have a tidy up and sort out, the fabric is like the hymn " All things bright and beautiful" !!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great cleanout! It is a tough job, but your results look magazine like!

Juliana said...

I really like this quilt. Every time you wrote about your struggles, the quilt got better. Perfect border and backing fabrics. I can't wait to see it when you have finished it. Woohoo for a clean, organized shed!!

Julierose said...

Oh big congrats an the shed clean-up!! IT always feels so good to get something back in working order so you can FIND stuff and to know what you have, too.
That "stained glass" looking fabric is a lovely choice for the backing and the stars look great. Nice choices hugs, Julierose

JustGail said...

Nice work on the shed. Yet another place I should spend some time in and clean up. I did last year, it needs it again. I really need to figure out a mouse excluder for under the door. Blindly grabbing a handful of mouse nest is so totally NOT fun.
I love that backing fabric with the top.

Cherie Moore said...

Perfect quilt name and a great border fabric, especially since it wasn’t “you” but found the perfect place for it. It’s the greatest when you clean out a spot, get rid of unused items and are left with an organized, cleaned and hopefully mouse free space : )