Thursday, August 15, 2024

Scribble Scrabble Goes Home!

 

I visited my cousin M and his wife N and delivered the Scribble Scrabble quilt. M was amazed. He had to examine every inch. "Is that a martini glass," he asked at one point? (Yes.) He kept saying it was Magnificent. 

About the backing, which was old maps, chosen because M travels a great deal: "The back is perfect. Did you know how much I love maritime history?"

He also loved the quilt's story I had written and printed. 

I was very happy. Both M & N love the quilt and their grandson loved looking at all the little details I put in there for him (dinosaurs, cats, bugs...)

Yeah, I'd say it was a hit.

Funny thing is it makes me just as happy to give this quilt away.


2 comments:

Julierose said...

What a great photo of the happy family enjoying their new and wonderful quilt!! No wonder it makes you happy--nice work...
hugs, Julierose

Barwitzki said...

This quilt is a HIT - yes :-)))
and the photo too.
A hug for you. You did a great job.
Many warm greetings from Viola