Sunday, May 5, 2024

No Good Deed...

 In the "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" department, I got bit by a bug on Friday while I was working out in the yard bagging leaves for the spring clean up. The problem is WHERE I got bit...

It doesn't so much hurt as it is uncomfortable. I can see just fine and have no other symptoms. The swelling will eventually go down. 


What's buggy (pardon the pun) is the effort it takes to keep that eye open and the fact that the nosepiece on my glasses rests on a swollen spot; so that is annoying. I've been putting cold compresses on the area. Do you know how uncomfortable THAT is? 

Anyway, my get-up-and-go has been seriously affected. 

(And yes, that is Wanda Hanson's quilt Sparkling Stars on the wall behind my left shoulder in the top photo.)

However, there is other good stuff happening.

I visited Janet-Lee, my long arm quilter, and picked up The Garden of Our Imagination quilt. I will bind it in white (duh.)

I left Scribble Scrabble, the Noel Holiday Banner, and the Awash in a Sea of Blue quilts with J-L for quilting.

Just a reminder that I will be speaking to the SeaBreeze Quilt Guild in Exeter NH on Tuesday May 14th about my word quilts.


3 comments:

The Selvage Fairy said...

So sorry about the eye. Do you need anything done or gotten for you?

MissPat said...

Maybe you need to garden with goggles on? And just let the weeds take over and stay in and quilt.
Pat

Ginny said...

Have you tried taking some Benadryl for the swelling. My daughter it allergic to mosquito bite and blows up with baseball size swelling. When she was little one bit her in the same place as yours, she looked like we punched her in the face, the Benadryl did help her.