Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Asterisks & Birds

 

The asterisk flower quilt, The Gardens of Our Imagination, has been quilted and I have chosen the binding.

White was an obvious choice for the binding, but in the end I decided to go with the fabric I chose for the back.

I wanted something with some color, but not too much. Now I can sew it down while I watch television. Lately I've been streaming Top Chef. I have watched every season since the beginning. so now I have been working my way through them again. All the angst is still there.

The pink bird quilt, Yakkety Yak, is all squared up and the backing is ready. I'll bring it to be quilted in another week or two. 

Janet-Lee has Awash in a Sea of Blue finished already (fun fact: that blue quilt will be quilted with a sage green thread. It's the color of the ocean from close up, so for me, it works.) She will bring the Noel Holiday banner to the talk I am giving next week at the SeaBreeze Quilt Guild in Exeter NH.

I have SO much binding in my future! (I have a tute for that!)


My eye is much less swollen and feels almost normal. I am extremely sensitive to Benadryl, so I couldn't take it, but believe it or not, ibuprofen helped with the swelling.

You can make birds: Get my tutorial here.

You can make asterisks too: Tutorial for those is here.


2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

GREAT binding choice for the asterisks!

Cherie Moore said...

Yes, yes, I agree with Julie, great binding choice! So glad your eye is feeling better. I am sensitive to Benadryl as well…….. I end up sleeping for a whole day with just one dose :(