Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Awash In a Sea of Blue

 

I chose a group of middle-range blues to use as an outer border on the blue quilt. I cut the strips more or less about 20" long, but arranged them in a very specific sequence. I wanted them to flow into one another all around the quilt.


I joined the strips at a 45 degree angle (because I think that looks more interesting) and then start at one corner, sew to the end, square off the edge, turn the corner and keep going.

This is a big chunk of the quilt, so you can see the different fabrics and values of blue in the quilt.

Here is the finished flimsy.

Cherie's comment yesterday pretty much named the quilt - Awash In a Sea of Blue.

2 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Mission accomplished with the blue border pieces, they flow all around the quilt. I get just a bit anxious seeing your robot vacuum by your top……can you tell mine has gotten tangled up with fabric before?

O'Quilts said...

Great job!!