Thursday, March 21, 2024

What I Did Last Night

 

Look, I know it isn't very exciting, but last night I wound 25 bobbins* with my favorite light gray thread. It's Presencia 60w, and I order it in large spools. 

I know it isn't particularly exciting, but, hey, that's what I did last night.

That and set up my Elsa machine back in the studio. It had been taking a vacation while I sewed up the Awash in a Sea of Blue quilt. The backing fabric is being shipped and I should have it to work on this weekend.


*Yes, I know this is 23 bobbins. One is in the machine and the other is still in the bobbin winding gizmo. And yes, I know I can buy pre-wound bobbins, but that just doesn't seem right to me.

4 comments:

Amelia Quilter said...

Lynne,
Can you share what color thread you purchased?

Elaine M said...

What comes next will be exciting. Better to wind your own since only can find white pre-wound. I like grey also.

Nancy J said...

Light grey is a great bobbin colour, I use that or a pale beige. And having bobbins already done is a bonus. I just wish the machine manufacturers would have a warning light when the bobbin is almost empty !!!

Kit said...

isnt it wonderful how the "little things in life" can bring us all such joy!