Saturday, March 23, 2024

Backing and Binding for Awash in a Sea of Blue

 The backing and binding fabrics for the blue Scrap Slab Triangle quilt, Awash in a Sea of Blue, have arrived.

This will be the majority of the backing. I had placed this in my shopping cart, and then went hunting for the binding.


This swirly blue will be the binding fabric. I was ironing it (because you know EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF FABRIC that comes into my house gets a trip through the washer and dryer before I bring it into the studio) and I figured, might as well cut the strips for the binding at the same time. 

I didn't really NEED anything else, but I decided to browse through the online shop. 


I found this lovely panel, and knew I would put it on the back of the quilt. I have hung it up on the design wall on top of the quilt itself, just so you can see how well the two look together. I will surround this panel with the blue fabric in the first photo in this post.

That's my task for tomorrow.


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

The panel !!! Wow, that is the icing on top of a very fancy gateau!!!

Cherie Moore said...

Love, love, love that backing fabric. And I really like putting panels on the back when they are perfect for the quilt and/or the recipient. For the retiree who sold their house to live full time traveling in their RV, I put a map of the US panel on the back and she was super excited about it.