Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The Fourth of July is a Flimsy!

 Over the long holiday weekend, I cleaned the house, worked in the garden, watched tennis and sewed the blocks together for the Fourth of July quilt.

After I sew four triangles together into a big square, I sew three together to make one big row. Here I have two ready to pin together.

Nobody's perfect. I cut one of the triangles wrong, and didn't have enough fabric to make another triangle, so I cut it apart strategically and then sewed it back together. It's barely noticeable when you are looking right at it, but it never showed up in pictures, so I decided to take a picture of the back to show you all that just because you screw something up, it isn't the end of the world.

This is half the quilt, and you can see just how big the red diamonds are.

Here's the flimsy draped across my ironing table.


Here is the flimsy. I will add a light border.

It's gigantic. It's big, it's bold, it's bright. I love it. It isn't quite a Zebra quilt, and there aren't specific instructions for it, but you can get the Zebra quilt tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.


1 comment:

Nancy J said...

The three B's, Bold. Bright, Beautiful.