Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Sew Me Up!

 

I tinkered, and now I will sew this together. I already sewed one pair of triangles together in the second row.


Somebody asked me once, when I bought fabric, why did I do it and how much did I buy. I wrote a whole blog post about it a long time ago. I'd find the link, but it's Wednesday morning and I have to go to work in less than an hour so this is going to be quick. 

Anyway, I saw this panel about New England, and since I live in New England, I bought it. Truthfully I thought it was a quarter of the size, and when it arrived I was a little bit annoyed. WHAT THE HECK was I going to do with it, but as I worked on the RWB quilt (which I think I am going to call "Fourth of July"), I thought it would be perfect for the backing.


In real life I have been planning to replace my over 30 year old central air conditioning unit. It works, but it's loud and I'm pretty sure it's very expensive to run. Every time I turn it on I cross my fingers. I won't let anybody touch it, because with old equipment like this, if you start to mess with it it may never run again. 


So I have been getting quotes. The first guy told me to be sitting down when I opened it. Good thing I was, because gosh darn it, everything is so damned expensive. 



3 comments:

MissPat said...

I thought I needed a new hot water heater. but the plumber said it wasn't leaking and turned the thermostat higher. He said a new one would be about $1300. So I'm sticking with the one I've got until it doesn't work at all.

Quiltdivajulie said...

That panel is just perfect for your quilt! Good luck with the estimates.

Brown Family said...

I don't think I would have attempted this quilt until I saw yours! 4'th of July is a good name for it.