Wednesday, March 8, 2023

The Five Hundredth

 OH BOY!

Somebody asked to see the 500th bird. I haven't even made it yet. That got me to thinking... OMG! I've made 499 birds.

I've made birds based on my family members...

bouquets of flowers,

buildings (barns),

the landscape around me,

food I've eaten,


birthday cards I have received,

cats,



the sky,

flowers, (oh yeah, I said that)

and even birds based on me.


I've made yellow birds,


and purple birds,

blue birds,



and black and white birds,

and pink birds.

I've made really big birds,

and really little birds. (The big pink bird is the same size as the blue bird in the picture with the two giant birds).

I've made birds of every color, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, gray and black. 

I've made birds based on every thing, people, friends, landscapes, plants, buildings, cats, dogs, butterflies, mountains, roads, cars, barns, skies, port-a-potties, airstream trailers, signs, you name it. 

I've made really big birds, and I've made tiny ones.

The idea of making ONE BIRD to commemorate the first 499 is more than a bit daunting. It's impossible.
So the next bird I make, the 500th, will be based on whatever happens to inspire me when I go into the studio the next time. It'll just be one in a long line of wonderful birds that each have their own story.

And it won't stop there.











Yes, you can make birds. You can get the tutorial here. And if you think I'm nuts for making 499, well, check this out: One customer wrote this review: "I got the tutorial, planning to make a bird quilt as a gift. I made one bird to test it out. The next thing I knew I had thirty-six."
 














3 comments:

Just Ducky said...

Concatulations on the milestone. Here is to the next 500.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Here’s to each unique moment of inspiration and your ability to do something with it !

Hubblebird said...

Well, speaking as a bird , they're flocking amazing!