Monday, January 16, 2023

Crowing About It

 


This is the first student bird quilt, quilted. I was finally able to connect with Janet-Lee Santeusanio and pick up this quilt. Both of us have been really busy since I dropped this off last summer.



Once home I set out some fabrics to see what would be best as a binding.


So here are three options. I have decided which one I will use, but I will keep that under my hat for now. 🤣

These birds are birds inspired from my tutorial, Lynne’s Liberated Birds, which you can get on Etsy. It’s an instant download, so you can get started right away. These birds were not made by me. These were made by students/ readers / customers, who took the ideas in the tutorial and made variations on the “standard” bird. I feel this will be a terrific quilt to show students.

I may have had a title for it back when, but my Mom accidentally named it while we were visiting Janet-Lee over the weekend. “Your students will be crowing that their birds are in you quilt,” she observed.

“MA! I love it. You just named the quilt! CROWING ABOUT IT!”








8 comments:

Michele in Harrisburg said...

Oh, Lynne, I am crowing about it! The quilt is beautiful and what a thrill to see one of my birds in there! I have a guess as to which binding you'll choose. I'll have to wait and see if I'm right. Well done. Thank you for letting me participate. Have a wonderful day.
Michele

Quiltdivajulie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name - your mom did GREAT! And the quilt is pretty darn wonderful, too!

Hubblebird said...

There’s lots to crow about! Beautiful quilt.

Lizzie said...

Fantastic!

Nancy said...

What a great quilt that is.

Helen Howes said...

Me, me! Bottom row, middle. Lovely to be part of this...
HH

Buffy said...

Great name for the quilt. So glad to see you back in your sewing studio, Lynne. I hope 2023 is a great year for using your unique creative abilities with quilts. We all learn a lot from them.

Raewyn said...

I love the quilt and love the name!