Saturday, January 21, 2023

Amish

 


WAY back in September 2015 I tried to recreate my all time favorite quilt. The inspiration quilt is in the foreground, and my attempt is on the design wall at the top. Sharp-eyed viewers will notice I got the proportions wrong.

I was poking around in my studio the other evening and found the bin of this top, the fabric and the four variations I later made. (More about those later.)

Anyway, as often happens, I couldn’t see what was wrong in real life when I made it,  but I saw it right away in the camera. While it looks like the red center square is too small, what it really is is the teal around it is too fat. I figured out if I took it all apart I could trim down the teal and put it all back together and it wouldn’t bug me so much.


So I got out my seam ripper and got started.

Stay tuned.



1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy to see this again. It has been too long - glad you are re-working it.