Monday, January 30, 2023

Cleaning the Studio!

 In order to get working in the studio I had to do some clean up so I had room to work. It turned out that I had to do some DEEP cleaning.

Because it is getting harder for me to reach things that are stored up high, I've put a bookshelf behind my cutting table. I've put all the things related to my tutorials there. It meant I had to move my work tables a bit, but the space there was wasted so now it isn't.


Next I cleaned everything on the long shelf under the windows. I cleared everything off, washed the big shelf, dusted the stuff, and then reorganized everything on it.


I lowered the shelf Philip lives on. Now he's at my eye level, and isn't in the dark. I also hung my selvage bag below it because I wanted to show it off.


Then I cleaned my work tables, and I dusted everything. Then I sat down and took a good hard look around. What did I WANT to sew? Well, I wanted to finish the pink bird quilt, and I could see where I wanted to add more small birds. 


 To do that I needed to make a set of small bird legs, so I made several leg panels. 

Then I made a small bird, although it's hard to tell. If you want to make one (or a few dozen, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.




4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Studio is looking good -- deep cleaning takes time and energy but the results are so worth it.

Unknown said...

Love the corner shelf! Could you let me know where it's from or a model number?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nothing like a clean slate to rejuvenate working again.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is the pits getting shorter as we age when we also are warned not to go up on ladders any more. Deep cleaning is satisfying but it's hard to put it on the 'to do' list.