Saturday, November 26, 2022

Picking Up the Pencil

 I’m trying.



I can’t explain why I’ve been so uncreative in the sewing studio this year, but I’m trying to get in there and just do something. The pink birds are on the design wall and I don’t want to take them down, so I decided to carry on with those. I made a lot of pink birds, and I have to put them together, but it just looked like same-old same-old, so I decided to make some small birds and fit them in. I suppose I could add elements like triangles or broken dishes blocks, but I don’t want to get off the pink bird idea.


This picture ought to show you just how small this little bird is. I envision three of these small guys standing one on top of the other filling up the space above this guy’s head. Of course, in order to carry that off, I will need more smaller birds throughout the quilt, and I think that will be fun.


Here’s another one. In this bird, I tried to relate him to another bird, so you would sense they are part of a family.


Here you can tell where I am going with this. I know it isn’t much, but I’m still feeling the effects of that cold I have and I’m not 100% but I have a to get in the studio and do something to knock the rust off.








11 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the stack of little birds - clever idea.

Peggy said...

The pink birds look fabulous, I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better!

Raewyn said...

This looks like a fun bit of playing and, hopefully, a good way to get yur creative juices flowing again.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

The birds look lovely. Great idea to make two sizes, makes it more interesting.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the small birds are the perfect addition.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You have had a lot of sickness in the past year. You lost your buddy. You did major changes in your home. No wonders you are in a lull. I lost my buddy a little over a week ago and the lack of his physical presence is constant. I think it is a good thing you are messing with the pink birds.

Sue said...

I’m glad to see you back. I have missed you.

Sue said...

I’m glad to see you’re back. I have missed you.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Love your pink birds. Glad you're feeling better too.

Lizzie said...

I've had a similar sense of being lost this last year, too. I chalk it up to the ongoing need to guard against Covid. You can only remain vigilant for so long before it wears you out.

Hubblebird said...

I check in every day, Lynne. I hope you are doing ok.