Monday, October 17, 2022

Sewing on Sunday

 

This is the hanging sleeve for the pink barn quilt. Or rather, it is in the  process of becoming the hanging sleeve.

Here I have pinned it to the back of the quilt.

Here is the front of the pink barn quilt, Larkspur, in case you forgot.

I think I can hear you all saying, BUT LYNNE.... WHERE IS THE BLUE AND YELLOW???"

Well, see, I was cleaning the house. Specifically I was tidying up in the living room. I have been rather lax lately and there was stuff all over hell.

These are the two chairs at the other end of my living room. You don't often see them because I tend to have them covered with stuff. The plum wing chair is usually where I stack the fabric I have washed, but not ironed. Over the last couple of months it's been the repository of kitchen organizing stuff that hasn't worked, and the pink barn quilt, which is quilted so beautifully I don't want to fold it.

I was cleaning up everything else in the living room and saw the stuff on the wing chair and basically lost it. 

And I am much happier because of it.




2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good for you - Larkspur deserves to be finished and hung on the wall!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

"Sewing on Sunday": When I was a kid, my mother and my grandmother (both old-time Methodists) used to say, "If you sew on Sunday, you'll pick out every stitch with your nose." An unappetizing image, to be sure. I want to report that -- so far -- I have found it to be untrue.