Wednesday, October 19, 2022

More on That

 It is always nice to know how my readers think of me. Several offered their opinions, which are always good to consider. 

However, I already have an iPhone, and do not want an Android anything. Moreover, I do not want a 15" anything. If I want to watch a movie, I'll do it on my TV using a streaming service. I'm spoiled like that.

What I want is everything on one platform, that's interchangeable, and all draws from my data which is in ONE place.

I have pulled the trigger and decided to move all my devices to Apple. They can share the same data and talk between each other nicely.

Today Dot told me : "Later this month, Apple will release a new model of the iPad Pro, so you might want to wait a bit to see what it’s like. The other iPads will likely be reduced in price at that time."

Oops. too late. However, shortly afterward I received an email from Apple:



 

So I will be getting a newer version of the one I ordered. Lucky me.


Well.

The other day when I was working on the hanging sleeve for the pink barn quilt, I decided to cut the binding for it at the same time. So I did that. And then I put it next to the quilt and OOPS! I goofed.

Fortunately I found the correct fabric, waiting somewhere safe. I'll be working on that this weekend. 

And now, a Public Service Announcement:

Two weekends ago a colleague of mine celebrated the wedding of one of his daughters. Relatives and friends traveled from near and far for the event. It went off without a hitch. But four days later one of the guests called him. He and his wife tested positive for Covid. My colleague reached out to all in attendance, as well as the vendors.

Fully one third of the folks who attended tested positive. My friend has spent the last two weeks self isolating and checking in on his friends and relatives far and wide.

Just today I heard from another friend who was exposed recently. She's angry and I don't blame her.

This thing isn't going away, folks. Please get the newest vaccine, which is available to everyone older than 5. Your drugstore should have it. (I got mine that same weekend. No, I did not attend the wedding.) Protect yourself and those around you.




6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great PSA announcement. At the event rental venue that is part of the group for which I am on the board, our on-site facility managers frequently wear masks while there for exactly that reason. I had my third booster before my NH visit in June. I need to talk to my pharmacist to confirm how long I need to wait before getting the bivalent shot.

And HOORAY for single platform living!

Cheryl said...

Thank you for your PSA. It's so important for people to understand that we may be done with covid, but covid isn't done with us.
Anyway, I rarely comment, but I so enjoy seeing what you're up to, and appreciate you sharing a bit of your life.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Millie, I am registered to get the latest vaccine as soon as possible. Every little bit helps. I'm floored by how much covid illness is around us. You are so right to get everything on one platform. Life is complicated enough with all the other stuff!!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

mum got her shot and a flue shot

Steven said...

We both got Covid and the crappy part of that is that we probably got it from Bert's doctor, who knew he was positive and only isolated for five days and then did not wear a mask at the office and only told Bert after the appointment was over. And then I relapsed. Thanks Doc! NOT!!

Bridget said...

We have been hanging tight to the house for just that reason. We were waiting for the younger crowd in the house to be vaxxed. Still being selective in our outings, which really means we are not going to anything we felt obligated to do in the past :) The question is always "do we want to do it bad enough we could live with the COVID?" The answer is usually NO!! lol