Friday, July 8, 2022

It's DONE!

     

 

I got home from work last night, and the shower doors had been installed in my bathroom. I was blown away at how good it looked. It looked BETTER than I had imagined. There's a  bit of blue tape in place because the caulking has to dry overnight, and the safety labels had to be removed from the glass, but I was thrilled. 

I had known the installation would begin, so I had moved a lot of the accessories out of the room.

After I put everything back, this was the look.

This was the bathroom "before."

This photo shows the old tub/shower combo. Every single thing in there got replaced. The tub,the toilet, the vanity, the sink; the floor, all the hardware, towel racks, shower and sink faucets, the light fixture, the doorknob; the walls and the mirror. Even the artwork, the soap dispenser, soap dish and the clock were replaced. I also replaced the wastebasket and the cleaning tools.


Herewith: The Grand Tour.

.

.

 .

The vanity has soft-close doors and drawers, and has lots of space for cleaning supplies, toiletries and extra rolls of toilet paper.

The wastebasket is a galvanized metal floral bucket from a floral supply wholesale outlet.

 

There is only one thing that was in the old bathroom that is in the new one; the cat vase given to me by a fellow cat blogger as a "secret paw" Christmas swap.

14 comments:

earthmotherwithin said...

It looks so great now. I love it. Well done, for the vision and the persistence to see it through.

Hubblebird said...

I love having the shower on a flexible hose. Means I can really wash the product out of my hair when I put mine on pulse. The bathroom looks great …. Enjoy!

Nancy J said...

Love the new bathroom, the tour, and the cat, something old for something new. sitting there as if meant to be all along the.
renovations. A room yo9u will enjoy so much, the new doors are just right.

Just Ducky said...

Lovely, like the shower door design.

Mickey's Musings said...

That looks SO good!!
Love it!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

And the light in the room from the skylight is like sparkles on the frosting of the cake. What a grand finish - kudos to you for all those design decisions. ENJOY!

JustGail said...

If you were aiming for a spa feeling, you hit the target. I think - I've never been to a spa so I'm guessing. It looks great!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is like a HGTV show! What an incredible difference and solid imagination. You will love it everyday.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It looks wonderful! Congratulations!

Marybeth said...

Love the finished room. It is gorgeous. Could you let me know where you found the wallpaper?

Ruth said...

Wow!! That wastebasket from the floral supply place is a great idea! A narrow footprint, but tall, and wider at the top so you can toss trash in easily. The wallpaper and shower doors are fantastic!

Deb E said...

LOVE your new bathroom! The pen & ink nude picture fits so perfectly in your new space, too. Everything just looks beautiful! Congratulations! Deb E

Meredith said...

Really inviting, and so pretty. What a great update for your home. Great job!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Wow! What a wonderful transformation! Your bathroom looks light and airy with the star of the show being your fabulous shower! Congratulations : )