Monday, July 11, 2022

Defying Gravity, Beauty Shots

 

I don't like to take beauty shots of my quilts in the same place, so I have to look around to find somepleace new and interesting.


I found a park bench under an arbor in one corner of the park. Red planters were nearby. 

I took like a zillion pictures (ok, only 43), and the top two were those I liked best.

I brought it to my sister before I took the beauty shots. She looked it over carefully, row by row, pointing out fabrics she recognized or especially liked.

 

This is a scrap slab triangle quilt. You can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away. You'll need the Tri-Recs Ruler set, which you can get either at your LQS or Amazon.

You can see others I have made here.




5 comments:

Just Ducky said...

The fun of picking out fabrics from scrap quilts. My dress, brother's PJ's, mom's dress, etc.

Quiltdivajulie said...

HOORAY for beauty shots! And how fun to see your sister poring over the scrappy goodness in that quilt. WELL DONE!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great photo shoot! Worth the time and effort.

Chookyblue...... said...

I love quilt photo shoots.......lovely pics and great to have it done......a pop of brightness

Poppy Q said...

This us so beautiful Lynne, the colours sing.