Saturday, February 26, 2022

Pink Panther in the Snow

 

There's something really cool about taking beauty shots of a quilt on fresh snow. This is the Pink Panther quilt.

It's hard to arrange a quilt because I don't want any footprints in the snow, so I have to toss the quilt and hope it lands OK.

It's also hard not to cast a shadow.

Overall I'm pleased with these. But my all time favorite shot of this quilt is the one below.

When I was taking the photo above, Millie wasn't in the room. Suddenly she jumped on the couch, and then walked from one end to the other. One of the things I have learned as an artist is to take advantage of anything that happens, so I took the picture as she walked by. I love the casualness of it.



Sheri, these triangles are twice as tall as they are wide, so yes they are elongated.



12 comments:

Nancy J said...

A wonderful memory of Millie and your Pink Panther, the snow, I know we had to walk up our long driveway and look back to the house to avoid any footprints when we lived at our other home and had the one fall of snow . Lovely setting ,pink on white.

Poppy Q said...

Awww miss M.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great spontaneous cameo shot. The quilt does look spectacular in the snow. Tomorrow supposed to get more snow, so maybe Monday I can get some outdoor shots.

sandi s said...

These pink ones are just my favorites!! They are beautiful! Hugs,

Nancy McFarland said...

I love your gorgeous pink panther quilt!

Lizzie said...

Beautiful shots. The pinks is made more so by the snow. And the contrast with "darling Millie" is even more lovely. Your sense of color and contrast is special.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The photo with Millie is priceless. Love seeing quilts in the snow.

Anne said...

If that is not catwalk, I don't know what is 💓

Sheri said...

Very pretty! I need to take a quilt in the snow picture too!!

Sheri said...

I'm just curious, is it an illusion or are the HST's elongated?

QuiltGranma said...

Sew very beautiful. On the couch with Millie her tail gives the impression that you made 2 of these, then I had to take another look

Chookyblue...... said...

Love the quilts and the snow......