Saturday, January 29, 2022

Snow Day!

 

We are expecting LOTS of snow today. I'm in that pink 12-20" area on the right. We shall see.


This is what it looks like out my side door as I write this as 8 AM on Saturday. It's just barely starting.

This is what the radar looks like now. I'm at the blue dot, so you can see it's coming, but isn't here yet.

When storms like this come, the grocery stores are jammed with folks stocking up. I went out last night and laughed when I saw so many empty shelves. I got some ground beef (actually I got a "meatloaf mix of ground pork, beef and veal) to make meatballs. I've got a lot of mushrooms so I'm going to make a meatball mushroom stroganoff to eat over wide noodles. Nice, warm and cozy. But I digress.

What did I do on my way home?

I went to the car wash.

Yeah, I know most people do it the other way around - go to the car wash afterwards when your car is coated with greasy dirt and salt - but you have to wait in a long line on those days. There was no line last night, and besides, if my car is cleaner and slipperier, then the snow and crud should slide right off.

Well, that's my theory and I am sticking with it.

While it snows, I'll be in the studio, and yes, that is the same towel that inspired the painting which inspired the quilt.

Funny that.


This is a scrap slab quilt. You can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.






6 comments:

Juliana said...

I'm glad you have something delicious to cook--the perfect cozy, comfort food. What a great day to enjoy your studio and some sewing and planning.

Just Ducky said...

You and Millie be safe with the snow.

Nancy J said...

Indoor occupations, so good for everyone in the deep of winter, and that snow band, colours there to inspire another quilt maybe?

JustGail said...

Well, if snow and ice don't slide right off, at least there's no road dirt & grit to scratch the car when you scrap windows and brush the snow off. My concern with washing before the snow, with the colder weather that usually follows, will the doors freeze shut?

Shepherdess55 said...

In weather such as you have or will have, it's good to have a comfort meal and project to pass the time. I hope your studio will be warm enough so you can work there all weekend.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That beautiful quilt should be able to brighten your day during the storm. Stay safe and warm.