Monday, December 13, 2021

This and That

 

This is the final gift bag for my granddaughter in the City of Angels. The gift that fit in this bag was shipped out earlier today. This bag is the Artist (or large) bag, but I made it two inches longer. 

I don't usually get a double Amaryllis, but this one is pretty spectacular. This bloom is every big as usual, about eight inches across.

I got a box of fizzy bath bombs, so now my spa tub is completely decked out, and DAMN! It looks good. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try it out real soon. But if anybody thinks I'm going to be reading my iPad while I'm soaking in the tub is crazy. I've already lost one iPhone to water (the washing machine,) so that isn't going to happen. I have a real live paperback book I can read if I want, but to me the point of soaking in a tub is just to relax, so that's what I plan to do.

While I worked on the binding of the Allegretto quilt, I binge watched The School of Chocolate on Netflix this weekend and was extremely impressed with the teacher, Amaury Guichon. His feedback was excellent, and kind, which is a rarity in "reality TV."

Finally, Millie's kidney levels are very high, and the specialized food for that would be very good for her... if she'll eat it, which she hasn't done yet. If she won't, the vet suggests I get any food she'll eat, as long as it is designed for "Senior Cats." Advice and suggestions welcome.



7 comments:

Elaine M said...

Lovely bag The GD will be pleased. Try mixing half new food with half old food for Millie. Good luck!

Robby said...

Elaine's suggestion for slowly introducing the new food is good. Cats are especially finicky when their food changes. I'd start with a smaller amount than 1/2 & 1/2. When one of our elderly cats was especially finicky, we would crumble a treat on top. The other trick was some extra stinky (aromatic?) regular food because the fishy smell was intriguing. Good luck, we nursed one cat through diabetes and one through liver issues. Enjoy Millie as along as you can.

JustGail said...

When we had to change foods, we did it 1/4-3/4 new-old for a few days, 1/2-1/2 new-old a few more days, 3/4-1/4 new-old a few more days, then went all new. And for canned (Science Diet), our cat liked the chicken, not the fish. I know some people make their own cat or dog food, usually boiled chicken with rice and veggies, it might be worth checking out.

I have a suspicion that as much as your GD loved her dinosaur quilt, she'll be using this bag year round to haul toys and treasures where ever she goes.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I know Hills's Science diet cat food has all kinds. My cat was on the canned wet ID food, but his pancreatis still acted up, so he is on the dry Hills ID food. Eating food has never been a problem for him, just keeping it down.

Poppy Q said...

Muss pops refuses any renal diet food. She has been on Hills Science diet 11+ for 5 years or so, so we'll stick with that. Maybe the vets can give you some samples to try?

Kisses to miss M.

Julie and poppyq

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know I love your blog, your quilts and your kitty. And also....there happens to be a waterproof Kindle for those of us who happen to drop off to sleep in a nice hot bath. Merry Christmas.

vickiroma said...

My dear little one is 17, and we use Royal Canin for kidney support topped with a teaspoon of her old regular food on top, spread really thin...like icing on a cake. Her old food was Friskies Chicken Florentine, which is impossible to find in the stores, so I order it on Chewey. Oh! And on top of the Florentine, I crumble Halo Dried Chicken Treats. Not too spoiled, huh? But that's why we have them! I hope this helps.