Friday, December 17, 2021

Binding & Blown Away

 

I'm sewing the binding on the Allegretto quilt, and watching Blown Away Christmas on Netflix.


Milllie wouldn't eat the prescription cat food no matter how little of it I mixed into her normal food. I did a bit of research and found that the brand she likes (Fancy Feast) makes a version for senior cats, and packages a dozen cans of three different varieties on one box. I  bought a box, and Millie liked all three varieties. WIN!! I am hoping I'll be more able to disguise the prescription food into this food after a day or two.

One reader suggested one tablespoon of the prescription food mixed into a can of the regular (or senior) cat food, and that was a great idea. The first day I mixed 50/50 and Millie took one sniff and walked away.

One of my work colleagues has a 16 year old cat, and he says they feed her one teaspoon of (prescription) food at a time. When she eats that, she'll get another teaspoon. That's a little drastic, but it is an idea I have to keep in my back pocket.

4 comments:

JoyceLM said...

Have you tried baby food? My sister told me she fed her elderly dog baby food when he was ailing. So I tried it with my senior cat & he loves it. Obviously the meaty kind.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Blown Away is fascinating to watch - especially since I love glass art. Hooray for the new food for Millie! One teaspoon/stitch at a time

Poppy Q said...

Good job Millie.

Deb E said...

Reading about your cat's adversion to the prescription food is just like our dog, Sadie. The food we buy for our little dogs (Sadie is 8# and Abbie is 11#) is very expensive due to allergies, etc. Sadie (who is nearly 13) is just as likely to turn up her nose as eat it so we often have to scoop up small amounts on our finger to feed to her. On top of that Abbie (who is 7) was chasing a wild turkey in our backyard & her foot went into a small hole in the yard & she is now sporting a cast on her left front leg/foot....she broke her foot in a weird angle. So both dogs are being babied like crazy right now. Good for you in doing all you can to help your fur baby. They spend their lives loving up to us so I figure we can baby them when they are sick, injured or getting up there in age. Deb E