Friday, September 3, 2021

A California Bird

 

This bird is from my friend Sewgirl, from California. I met Sewgirl at Logan Airport in Boston. We were to board the same flight to California. She was headed home and I was about to meet my son's then girlfriend. That was the trip when I was bringing the diamond ring.  I asked her about the patchwork luggage tag on her suitcase.

Sewgirl has followed my blog since then and this is the first bird she has ever made. She says "Yes, they are addictive, I can see more birds in my future!"

I am so enjoying seeing what everybody does with these, and getting the mail has never been more fun.

If you would like to join the fun, you can get my bird tutorial here at my Etsy shop. If you want to send me a bird, email me at PatcheryMenagerie AT Gmail DOT com to get my mailing address.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

What is the time span on sending a bird to you? And yes they are addictive :-)

Ruth said...

I imagine "Now" is the time span. As in, "if I don't do it now, it won't get done at all." But I am not making birds, as I am trying to index old English parish registers from the 1500-1600s. That is puzzle enough in my life.
Each of these birds is so fun to see!

Ann said...

Quilting introduces us to so many people.

Sewgirl said...

Yea! It's my turn! I hope you get lots and lots of birds!!