Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Vancouver Bird

 

Today's bird comes from Pat, who lives in Vancouver Canada. She said she left the bird's legs really long so I could trim them any way I wanted, but she liked them long. So do I!

My students always seem to do things that I never thought of. This black and white bird body has a colored beak and beautiful colorful striped legs! When I think black-and-white, I rarely add color in this way! Lesson learned!

It's wonderful getting mail lately! I hear there are more birds in transit. If you would like to send me a bird, I'd love to include it in my student bird quilt. Email me at patcherymenagerie AT gmail DOT com for my mailing address. 

If you would like to make some birds, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.


2 comments:

The Selvage Fairy said...

I love how the spot on the beak looks like an eye.

Helen Howes said...

Can anyone play?
HH