Friday, August 27, 2021

And you are?

 

This bird is from Tina, who included the following note:

WELL!! Talk about attitude! This is just too cool! It is so much fun to see the birds that students (customers?) make from my tutorial. I've seen lots of pictures, but having the birds right in front of my is a very special experience. Thank you so much Tina!

 

And YESTERDAY's birds were from RITA, not, as I mistakenly called her, Ruth. I am so sorry Rita. 

 

I am really bad at names. Let me show you just how bad.

These two dudes are my brothers, Mark and Paul. (I am not going to tell you which is which.) I am older than  both of them, so I have known them all their lives. They are totally different, one mellow and relaxed, the other very intense. As you can see, one is about six inches taller than the other, too. I know EXACTLY which is which, but I look at Mark and say "Paul," and I look at Paul and I say "Mark." Been like this for years, so we all laugh about it. Nowadays, before I say either name, I scrunch up my face to make sure I bring up the CORRECT name for CORRECT brother. They just laugh at me.

This photo was taken yesterday when one brother visited the other. They currently live at least 1,000 miles away from each other, so this is a special picture.


6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Unique Monique!!! That block is so totally gorgeous, and the brothers, hope they do know your name and their own, great photo.

Kathy said...

Oh, brother names---I had 6 brothers and 1 sister and my dad often started saying 3 names before he landed on the correct one! Two of my brothers were To-John and Jo-Tom all the time. Our brains often move faster than our mouths!

patty a. said...

The bird with the flowers embellishing it's posterior is cute! I have 5 brothers and growing up my parents would try and get the names right, but eventually they would just point at the kid they wanted and say "Hey you!" My brothers are all so different, but one thing they have in common is that they are all hard workers.

Just Ducky said...

Love the custom bird with flowers and dragonfly.

MissPat said...

That bird is quite unique and sure to bring a smile to anyone who spies it in the quilt. It's great that your brothers were able to get together despite this crazy virus. The sibling name litany is very common.

QuiltGranma said...

For a bird's eye view go with that one, it's got an eye! as for sibling names Mother would go through the other two girls before she got to mine... birth order, you know!