Saturday, August 28, 2021

A Nevada Bird

Today's bird is from Susan, in Nevada. I love the way the bird looks like it is walking because of the way Susan crossed the legs.

Getting the mail every day is so much fun when I find a package with birds! Keep them coming, please!! Email me if you would like to contribute a bird for my student bird quilt. I can be reached at patcherymenagerie AT gmail DOT com. If you would like to make a bird, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download so you can get started right away.

 


 It was fun to read about all the ways we mix up the names of people we love. I have the photo below on display at my office at work. I thought you'd like to see it after yesterday's photo.

This photo was taken in 1998. It shows both my brothers, my son and me. What's funny about this isn't just Gizzy in the lower left, but that the four of us look so alike. If I didn't tell you the young man on the right is my son, you'd think the four of us were siblings.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Cool bird - priceless photo.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Love the cross-legged bird.

Dorothy said...

Or perhaps the bird is trying to get to the nearest bathroom before an accident happens ?? I love it