Monday, June 7, 2021

Lady Snaps Grows Up

 

Even as I laid out the yellow blocks surrounding the center last week, I knew that arrangement would be boring and that I'd change it. But I had to make more blocks first!

I decided to make some pale orange blocks, and I alternated those with the yellow blocks around the center pink one. Then I alternated the blue and green blocks in the next outer ring. I moved the lavender blocks from the corners to the centers of the edges and pushed out the extra yellows to that next ring.

But then that other diagonal didn't make any sense. So I put the lavenders back in the corners and completed that ring with more pinks. But I had to... you guessed it.. make more blocks!

I like this a lot! I will rearrange the blocks so they look better, but the placement of the colors will stay the same. I like the way this looks. This is happy and floral, which is what I wanted and what I envisioned.

 Stay tuned!

3 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

The top.picture to me said so much pretty wasted. The bottom picture is wow. With your eye and the tweaking it will be amazing.

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO much better -- have fun tweaking. Another winner in the works.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Really like what you have done. I like the diamond center gone also. Just terrific colors.