Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Almost "It"

 

I'm pretty sure. I'm almost sure. I'm 98.999% sure this is IT. Of course I may yet change my mind, but if I do change something it will likely be something small.

I tried to divide the lights into "busy" and "not busy" and surrounded the colored blocks with rings of busy or not busys. After I thought I had that all set, I tried to make sure there weren't too many busybodys next to each other, and that "not so busy" ones weren't congregated in clumps either. After I did THAT I looked through it and tried to make sure the same print in a block wasn't right next to itself in the next block. The more prints you have in a quilt the harder this is. There are 81 blocks with two fabrics in each block, and I have about 100 different fabrics. I also try to ensure that animal prints and flowers don't consistently look right side up (because there really is no top and bottom to this quilt.)

For a generic quilt for a person I don't know a lot about, I think this is really pretty. It will look better when it is quilted and crumpled, but then, all quilts that are designed to be used, do.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

looks pretty good to me, but then you are the teacher. Thank you

stitchinpenny said...

I love it. There is something that draws my eye too much for my comfort but as a photographer I know it could be a picture artfact. you did a wonderful job and your dad will be proud to gift this beauty.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks mighty fine to me. I agree about the crummpled and used- a whole diffrent dimension.

Judy in Michigan said...

Good job. I really like this and I'm sure the woman will too. Lucky ladY!