Monday, May 31, 2021

More Lady Snaps

I finished cutting out the fabrics for the light blocks of the lady snaps quilt.

I needed forty blocks. In the end I didn't have enough florals, so I used blocks with birds, flying pigs, hearts, bras, dinosaurs, children's animal prints, blenders and others.I did not use the fabrics that had yellow or green or blue backgrounds.
 

I made a few blocks and threw them up on the wall. It's important to remember that these are the "secondary blocks." I think the others will be blenderish light rainbow colors. Keeping the blocks I have now, I could fill in with all blue or all green or yellow or any combination and it would still look good. But I haven't decided yet.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I love these blocks! They are so beautifully vibrant. What's going to happen in the spaces between these blocks?

Linda Swanekamp said...

All that variety an fun up on that wall. Looks like you are enjoying the process.

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is going to be G-R-E-A-T !!

Ann said...

So many beautiful florals. This will be fun to watch.