Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Ch-Ch-Changes

 

This (above) is what I had last night when I said I had some questions. The answers to each of the questions was yes. I tinkered with it yesterday morning before work. I tinkered with it at lunchtime. I tinkered after dinner.

I changed all the things I mentioned yesterday, and I changed so much more, although it will probably drive you buggy to try to find all the things I moved. Once I thought the colors were more appropriately distributed, I had to look at pattern, value and lack of pattern. I didn't want too many busy prints in one spot, nor too many boring ones. Then I started rotating some blocks, because I discovered a way to make a kind of a rhythm.

Now, I really suck at counting, but I just counted 53 changes from the top picture to the bottom one. I could probably tinker forever if I allowed myself to make more blocks, but I am pretty sure this is 99% it. Of course, just when I thought I was done last night, I emailed that moment's picture to Julie, and then made three more changes.

Ladies, I need help with a title.


And OH, Tammy, you didn't miss anything. Ronda hasn't sent me the finished pictures of her quilt yet.



15 comments:

Helen Howes said...

Summer Garden?

El-Fee said...

Forest glade?
Anyway it really looks great, not nice or meh.
El-Fee from Germany

Kathy said...

Maybe Facets...looks like a square cut gemstone from the top.

Karen said...

Lemon Lime Fizz! Love it!

Elle said...

I think this post Title should be the quilt name ;-)

Love how this gives the illusion of curves.

Buffy said...


Life Returns!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Saffron and Cilantro.

Frog Quilter said...

Spring has sprung.

Cherie in St Louis said...

I have no names for you but this reminds me of sunlight flitting across the ferns at the edge of the creek at my grandmas cabin....thanks for evoking the memories :$

Joan said...

Spring Tinkering (much more fun than Spring cleaning)

Abby said...

Zucchini in bloom

Michele in Harrisburg said...

I see sunflowers in there, but the quilt as a whole says "Fresh as a Daisy" to me. It reminds of a perfect summers day. Who could be gloomy with that wrapped around them? Lovely.

Cathy said...

Parterre. That’s what your lovely blocks remind me of.

Hubblebird said...

Parterre does it for me! What a gorgeous Quilty garden.

Hubblebird said...

Parterre does it for me! What a gorgeous Quilty garden.