Monday, March 22, 2021

Thread

 

I do all my piecing with a medium gray thread, but when I attach strips of fabrics together for a border or binding, I like to use matching thread. Sewing the border strips for the Ice Blue quilt showed me vividly that my thread collection had been getting thin, and I needed to go shopping. So on Saturday afternoon I hopped in my car and drove to my favorite quilt shop, Quilted Threads to get more.



Of course, I couldn't NOT buy some fabric as well. I was attracted to the creamish fabric at the top of the left most pile, so I chose more greens. I have an idea of what I might do with them but the idea needs to roll around in my head a bit more.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I tried to supersize the second photo but nothing happened. Even without the larger image, it sure looks like you found some really great yardage.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It all looks great, I love the blue tonal as I can always make use of those for borders or edges. Very spring-ey colors.

Ann said...

It's about time for me to do some shopping, too. Just need a vaccine.

Curious Daylily said...

I'm delighted to "meet" another soul who has to let "the idea roll around in my head" for a while. It's been my experience that certain fabrics will "tell" you how they want to be used, fed by your/my personal creative senses.

I once bought an absolutely ugly clearance fabric because it had flamingos in an incredible shade of pink. My mother-in-law saw it and immediately knew how to use it. And the resulting quilt was wildly beautiful. :-)