Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Ice Blue

 

I added a small deep space border to the Ice Blue quilt.

Here is the finished flimsy on top of the fabric I have selected for the backing. This quilt is going to be gorgeous. Or maybe "handsome" isn't a better term.

This isn't the quilt I had expected to make, but that is what making art is all about. It's about following an idea where it takes you, and if it's a dead end, then you have to switch gears and figure something else out. You can't judge your end result against the first IDEA you had. Because an idea is only an idea. It doesn't exist until you make it real. If I had not brought you all along on the road of this quilt from first inspiration to the final quilt, you would never know that I had stalled.

However, I do think the color story of the quilt matches the original color story I had in my head, and that works for me.


On to the next thing.


11 comments:

Buffy said...

Beautifully done, Lynne, and the narrow deep space border is perfect. I love how you are now transitioning from winter to spring, from ice blue to making a quilt with all of those beautiful greens you posted yesterday!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the way the borders just pulled the whole piece together. Great color choices.

Peggy said...

Stunning! What is the finished size?

diane said...

It's great Lynne. Wonderfully done!
The backing fabric sure does make the top pop!

Tammy said...

Very handsome indeed! Love how it glows.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I love this quilt :)

Ann said...

Handsome is the right word. So many quilts are flowery and this has a different vibe. Good job.

Janet said...

I love the depth of this quilt.

Corrine said...

Love this quilt. Handsome is a great way to describe it! Love seeing your creative process at work.

Unknown said...

Love the top which picture reads more true to the colours on the wall or the floor,the floor one seems to read more red/blue colours where the wall is more blue,just curious I love both colour sets actually

QuiltGranma said...

love it!