Sunday, March 21, 2021

Ice Blue Slides to the Finish Line!

 

My extra fabric arrived on Friday and I was able to get it through the washer and dryer before my "work day" ended so I could get right to it after dinner. (Actually I brought Megan's quilt to FedEx first.)

Gosh, it is so nice to work in a super clean studio. Nothing to shove over... I should do it more often (LOL).

By ten PM on Friday I had this. The top was all sewn together. The last step was to sew the blocks in the bottom two rows together. I wanted to get the top finished before I went to bed.

Mission Accomplished. Now I want to add a small border of the deep space fabric all around.

This is the fabric I have chosen for the backing of the Ice Blue quilt.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I Liked the Blue Ice or Ice blue concept for this quilt from the beginning but now it makes me think of the Cold Blue space between the planets!

Looking forward to seeing what the quilting brings out in this one

Susan said...

That backing fabric is wonderful!

Mystic Quilter said...

Reminds me of the night sky! I love it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Gorgeous backing fabric.