Thursday, March 4, 2021

Ready for My Beauty Shot

 Waltzing Matilda is ready for her beauty shot.

This isn't quite it. I like to take beauty shots outside.

Millie has given the quilt her Paw of Approval. Four Paws, actually, a rare honor, but then, this quilt is going to a Very Special Person.

I've been working hard the last few days, sewing my way around the quilt, and doing research about shipping it 10,099.90 miles (16,254.22 km) to Megan in Sydney, Australia. (Got that all sorted, actually.)

(You can click on this picture, then click again to get a bigger and more detailed view.)

The quilt is really gorgeous, and I am kinda jealous. I really really like it. But it's OK. I can make myself another. I'm glad it's going to a home that will love it as much as I do.

I will try to take it out over the next few days when I can take pictures of it outside. (When it goes to Oz it will never see snow again.) Then I will bring it inside and stuff it in the washing machine and then the dryer to make it all soft and crinkly. I'll fold it nicely and wrap it in a plastic bag and then I'll wrap a bit of bubble wrap around it, stuff it in a box, and had it off the the guys in the proverbial bloo (or brown or dark bloo shorts) and they will put it on a truck and eventually a plane and eventually another truck and then in some magical period of time as yet to be determined, it will arrive "home." 

What a lovely thought!


update: Dorothy, I always add a sheet with my address and the address the package is going to inside anything I ship. Thanks for sharing the suggestion for others who may not know.



10 comments:

Melody A. said...

IT is GORGEOUS!!! beautiful work and the recipient will be covered with beauty and love!! what a treasure to receive! Happy Sewing from Iowa

Dorothy said...

I work with the guys in the brown shorts. And I have a word of warning to all shippers no matter if you use brown or "blue" or "whoever". Accidents happen in the world of shipping, so just in case, please put an address of "to" and "from" inside the package. In this case write the "to" address on the plastic bag that your quilts are wrapped in. Makes the job easier for the "damage" clerk to send your precious package on it's way in case of an accident.

Megan said...

Yaaaaaaay.

And thanks for the bonus shot of Millie putting her stamp of approval on it!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Buffy said...

Lovely! It is the nourishing vision of spring on a cold winter day in Vermont! Thanks! What a beautiful design, selection of fabrics, and expert piecing and quilting!

If you ever have the time and interest in making another tutorial for your Etsy site, it would be great to have a tutorial on making so many beautiful, smooth curves and combining them into a design like this and other variations.

Just Ducky said...

yay for Miss Megan and her quilt. She is one lucky lady!

Quiltdivajulie said...

FOUR paws - wow. It really is a beauty.

Joyce said...

Lucky, lucky Megan. This quilt is truly gorgeous!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very beautiful quilt. It will be treasured. Here's to a successful shipping trip!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love this quilt. Pink and green is such a comforting combination and your neutral fabrics are a nice variety. Your irregular shapes in the blocks remind me of Christmas cactus plants.

QuiltGranma said...

It is like a delicious taste of watermelon, long before they are ripe!