Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The New Revised Bird Tutorial

 

The Revised Lynne's Liberated Birds V2 tutorial is now live. It has had a complete overhaul. The original tutorial had 40 pages, and now it has 50. There are 13 completely new pages (3 big Hints, a Gallery section and a whole page of Student birds along with a Contact Me page and an Acknowledgements page). 21 pages have been modified with over 59 new photographs, better and more detailed explanations and hints to make bird construction even easier.

The tutorial is brighter, the pictures clearer and some sections were completely rewritten for clarity. There is a wide variety of birds. Birds with really long legs and beaks, fatter bodies, wider breasts and more unusual fabrics. I've learned a lot teaching how to make these birds since July 2016 when the tutorial was first published and those things are in the new tutorial.

I've had many, many people tell me there is a lot of very good useful information in the tutorial, and I think I've made it a lot better. When I was reviewing the original tutorial last fall I was struck by how skimpy the written instructions were. Not anymore. As usual, the tutorial has been thoroughly reviewed, proofed and tested by my battery of "editors" and proofreaders, Julie, Marie, Megan and Mary; as well as Barb, Buffy and others. 

It's basically what I have been doing for the last month. Yeah, I've been in the studio, making birds, taking pictures of the process, and then taking BETTER pictures.

The original tutorial is no longer available. For now, the price is the same, $10 USD. It will go up later this year.

However, because the tutorial was essentially rewritten, it is a new tutorial and must be purchased. You can get it here. It is an instant download, so you can get started right away. You won't be disappointed.


5 comments:

deebriese said...

So previously purchased tutorials do not get the update?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Having been one of the proofreaders, I can vouch for the fact that this is an all new tutorial. Far superior to version one and well worth a new purchase. Outstanding job Lynne – I wish I’d had this one the first time around!

Ann said...

Congratulations on taking the time to update your first tutorial. We all learn and improve with time.

QuiltGranma said...

I look forward to checking out what you have been spending time doing, revising, rewriting and new photos!

Mean Jean said...

So....old tutorial rewritten = NEW tutorial? The steps are different? The bird looks different? MEAN JEAN