Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Black Scrap Triangles

 

I thought you'd enjoy seeing some of the scrappy black triangles I made from the slabs. As you can see I sew my scraps together, mixing prints I think look good together. Then I cut them up into shapes.

They are sewn together more or less randomly. I do not do "pure random." I put things together that look good. Pure random can look really ugly and I don't do ugly.

The gray cat above. Think he's arbitrarily cut? Um, no. Neither is the lady in the first photo.

And the rose in the second triangle from the left, above. Think that is placed by accident? Um, no. When you get a lovely shape like that, you USE IT!

By and large, the colors or shapes relate somehow. I don't get all worked up about it. This IS a scrappy quilt, but wherever I could see a little magic happening, I nudged it along.

These pieces aren't sewn together yet. I'll be working on that in the days to come.



If you want to make a quilt like this you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Well done, I don't do random well either. ;)

Ann said...

It's always a treat to see your exciting fabric. Love all the large scale and busy prints. Thanks.

Julia G said...

Really great. I love all the different angles in the slabs.