Thursday, October 22, 2020

Fantastic Voyage

 

I've got the binding all sewn onto the 58 Carats quilt, now I just have to hand sew it down. I got it all ready the other night and then I saw Millie letting me know in no uncertain terms that SHE ruled the roost. She didn't care if this was an "Art" Quilt, she was going to fur it up.  

Um no.

I like the fabric I'm using for the binding. For the most part it blends in with the dark navy background, but there is just enough color to make it interesting.

But that's not what I wanted to write about. 

You all know of my love of blue painter's tape and how it is useful for so many things. I keep a roll in my kitchen to label the plastic bins I put in the fridge. HUMMUS, CHICKEN STOCK, VEG STOCK, COCONUT MILK, BBQ SAUCE, PESTO, etc. etc. 

Well. The kitchen wastebasket is big and plastic and the last time I emptied it I noticed the bottom had a big crack in it. It's not a huge deal as I use the big plastic bags that can stretch and stretch and are pierce resistant. But I was at the big box hardware store last week and I decided to get a new one, since I was out and about. (A rare thing nowadays, as you all know.)

So I've replaced it, and now I have to throw the bad one out. I'm thinking that if I just put it out at the curb the trash guys are going to empty the stuff in their truck and then dump it back on my lawn. So the other night when I was putting the trash and recycling to the curb, I decided I should make a sign for the cracked wastebasket. I grabbed a couple of pieces of paper and wrote, "TAKE ME, I'M BROKEN" and grabbed the blue painter's tape and went outside and did all my stuff. The trash and recycle bins live under my carport, so I put the tape on the hood of the car while I got everything ready. I taped the signs to the wastebasket and put all the stuff out at the curb.

Yesterday morning, I looked outside and sure enough, it had worked. The guys had taken my cracked wastebasket away.

Once a week because of work I have to drive into the center of town to bring stuff to the Post Office. I did that yesterday afternoon. It's about a five mile ride to the PO through a winding road that follows the river and then winds through town. On the way home I stopped at the mail house and picked up my mail, then drove back home. As I am gathering up my things I happen to look out the windshield and I see something funny on the hood of my car.

Yeah.






7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Just as well it was only the roll of tape and your label did go onto the broken bin instead of your car!!! I remember a long time ago we had a Ford Fairmont coupe, 2 door, with a sloping rear window. About 8 miles from home we looked and there was a frog spread out on that window, hoping for all his life he would stay there!!! we stopped and put him safely onto the grass.

Quiltdivajulie said...

TOO funny -- you couldn't have done that on purpose even if you'd tried!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You can bet if it was a pizza on the roof, it would have never made it. I love blue tape, but it has never appeared on my hood.

Just Ducky said...

Yes Miss Millie is allowed to inspect all quilts, arty or not. Surprised you didn't see the tape as you were driving!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This made me laugh out loud! Millie knows beauty when she sees it.

Mickey's Musings said...

That's a good one!
Thanks for the laugh!!!!!!
Millie does look mighty comfy on that lovely quilt though ;)

Diane Koch said...

Too funny!!!