Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Almost, But Not Quite

 

It is getting a lot closer to being a flimsy.

This is what is on the design wall.

A few days ago I realized I had made the big panel above the bird on the right wrong. I had put the asterisks too close together. That meant that the placement of some of the others didn't seem right. I toyed with adding an additional asterisk in the upper right, but even though I added it to the plan (above), it will not be in the final quilt. I decided to raise the panel above the birds and do some minor tinkering.

I will add a WOW fabric strip above the bird, and then I can sew the set-in square (above, it's the wavy fabric) that will join the right side panels together. I have to figure out the sequence of what to sew to what to do that, and then I can add the extra fabric to the top and sew in the last asterisk.

Then the flimsy will be done.

You know, "all I have to do..."




3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Too bad you don't have a time lapse sewing and assembly of the quilt. I think it would be incredibly fascinating.

Ann said...

I agree with Linda. It would be fun to watch your progress in time lapse. Such an interesting quilt. It's great to see quilters make original work.

Jill said...

I enjoy your blog. It's short and sweet and provides behind the scenes info that is both helpful and reassuring. The back of your flimsy tells me that my seams and pressing issues are ok!