Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Lifting Off

 

I rearranged the asterisks up on the design wall to see how they looked when they are randomly arranged. Now you might disagree, but to me this is pretty klunky.


I tried again, removing some of the asterisks, and putting more on the bottom and putting the lighter ones closer to the top to look like they are floating. But it's still not quite there.

Then I thought, well, how can I make them look like they're floating upwards if I don't show some of them "grounded." So here the bottom three rows look like they are gently swaying, and the others are sort of lifting. But it didn't really feel right.

Then I thought, well how can I make them float if I don't know where they started? So then I arranged them more or less in an organized way. Then I can make them float up in a way that might seem to make more sense.


 So I am getting closer. I made a few lovely light blue asterisks, and some pretty pinks. Many of them are in the last design wall photo.

 


I am now making some very dark purples and some pale ones. I'm getting closer.

This is a real pretty one!






2 comments:

JustGail said...

Or instead of floating, what if the flowers make a path going up and to the side like it's going off in the distance? But that might not work unless there are smaller asterisks? Then again, realism isn't exactly the point of this, is it :-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Last photo is the best - yes, you are getting closer.