Monday, July 13, 2020

Ring Around the Rosy...

YES YES YES YES!

I love this.

I might just name this quilt Ring Around the Rosy, which is kind of apropos. Did you know that Ring Around the Rosy* was once thought to come from the Black Death? It described the wounds on people who had the Black Death during THAT pandemic hundreds of years ago. Historians don't think that any longer.

ANYWAY...

I am in my happy zone and this quilt should be a flimsy soon!


*Ring around the rosy,
pocket full of posy
ashes, ashes
we all fall down.

This is the version I remember singing when I was a kid.  


AND CHERIE... Before you think you can take credit for the title of this post... I wrote it several days ago, but good on you for getting it early!

6 comments:

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love how luminous this is, like looking through wavy glass. I really like where you're going with this one.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is coming together so beautifully, Millie.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I like this very much. Quite a change from the diamonds! The colors are so lovely together.

Ann said...

Such lovely fabrics and a fun layout. Enjoy.

Hubblebird said...

We used to say ‘A tishoo, a tishoo, we all fall down’ (sneezing).

Cherie in St Louis said...

LOL :-) Such an easy connection to that name. The history is interesting!