Wednesday, July 15, 2020

All Together Now!

I sewed the blocks together for this quilt using the webbing technique. I took a class to learn how to do it, so I respect that and will not reveal how it is done here.

Pressing a web sewn quilt is rather challenging.

One advantage of this technique is that it doesn't use pins. However it is quilt wrangling at its finest.

The quilt is all sewn together now, but it needs a name. I'm not thrilled with Ring Around the Rosy. I'll show the finished flimsy tomorrow.

4 comments:

Debbiegsp said...

This quilt is just GORGEOUS! I love the magenta colors with the greens. Your fabric choices are amazing. I agree that it is too beautiful for the nursery rhyme name. The quilt blooms from the center and ripples outward. It needs a majestic name.

Clarelou said...

In UK we say ring a ring of roses

Cherie in St Louis said...

It reminds me of early spring....beautiful! I'm not fond of webbing the top because of the wrangling but for quilts where blocks can get out of place easily, it works like a charm.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm thinking . . . will let you know if I come up with a good name idea. I use webbing when there are lots of smaller blocks (saves getting them mixed up - and it does goes faster than jumping up and down so often).